AM_CONDITIONAL

From: Francis Michel
Subject: AM_CONDITIONAL
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 17:02:17 -0500

Hi all,
I am trying to use the AM_CONDITIONAL macro in order to use that Macro in
the makefile.am as follow in the configure.in
AC_MSG_CHECKING(Dummy file selection)
AC_ARG_ENABLE(dummyfile,
[ --enable-dummyfile Use debug file],
[case "${enableval}" in
yes) debug=true ;;
no) debug=false ;;
*) AC_MSG_ERROR(bad value ${enableval} for --enable-debug) ;;
esac],[debug=false])
AM_CONDITIONAL(DEBUGSTRING test x$debug = xtrue)
and in the makefile.am:
if DEBUGSTRING
libfoo_a_SOURCES = dummy.c file.h
endif
but the problem is that AUTOMAKE is generating empty codes like that in the
makefile.in
if DEBUGSTRING
endif
# Tell versions [3.59,3.63) of GNU make to not export all variables.
# Otherwise a system limit (for SysV at least) may be exceeded.
.NOEXPORT:
I was expecting something like that:
@DEBUGSTRING @
Can you help me out there? Is that one of the best way to select different
source code files depending on the input from the confifure script?
Thanks a lot

Francis Michel