Parsing Makefile.am and configure.in

From: Biswapesh Chattopadhyay
Subject: Parsing Makefile.am and configure.in
Date: 07 Dec 2001 17:54:38 +0530

Hi

I'm new to the list - so please excuse me if this has already been
discussed.

Is there any available library which parses Makefile.am/configure.in
recursively and generates a single consolidated project structure
(either as an XML file for as an in-memory data structure) for
reading/writing ?

I'm planning on using autotools in my project and such a thing would be
very helpful in making a GUI project browser.

To clarify, what I have in mind is something like this:

http://www.angelfire.com/linux/biswapesh/images/project_manager.gif

(This was generated by a very elementary Makefile.am parser that I have
written)

If such a library is unavailable, would anyone be interested in joining
me in writing one (I have a *very* basic infrastructure in place, as you
can see from the shot) ?

Thanks in advance.
Biswa.