Re: automake & GNUmakefile

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: automake & GNUmakefile
Date: 30 Dec 2001 18:33:47 -0700

>>>>> "F.J." == F J Franklin <address@hidden> writes:

F.J.> Hi, I notice automake still assumes that makefiles are called
F.J.> "Makefile" (see depout.m4, lines 27-28) and not "GNUmakefile".

F.J.> I posted a patch a while back but got ignored. Please could
F.J.> someone add the two lines which are necessary.

Sorry about that.
I haven't been reading my automake email for a while.
I ran into this problem in a different context, and I checked in a
more general fix for it.

I didn't add an echo explaining what configure is doing.
Akim, what do you think about doing that?

Tom