Re: external dir objects to be included in shared lib

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: external dir objects to be included in shared lib
Date: 30 Dec 2001 18:50:49 -0700

>>>>> "Sylvain" == Sylvain GIL <address@hidden> writes:

Sorry for the delay in the reply.
I took a break from automake for a while.

Sylvain> I'm looking for the good way to link objects found in
Sylvain> mylib/libmissing/ to the shared library created in
Sylvain> mylib/src/. I know building a static lib in libmissing and
Sylvain> linking it to my shared lib is the bad way to do it but is
Sylvain> there a better solution ?

Sylvain> Actually my mylib/src/Makefile.am contains the following
Sylvain> line, how can I precise I just want to link
Sylvain> ../src/libmissing/*.o instead ?

Sylvain> mylib_la_LIBADD = ../libmissing/libmissing.a

Your best bet for now is to use libtool convenience libraries.
See the libtool docs for more info.

Tom