Re: spam hell

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: spam hell
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 13:12:17 +0100

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 09:46:26AM +0000, F J Franklin wrote:
: Please do something about this deluge of spam! It's driving me nuts!

We've stopped most of the shit from Korea based on simple filtering, but
it's impossible (or close to) to stop the spam that currently gets through
without closing the list so only subscribers can post or moderating the
postings from non-subscribers.  Nobody is interested in the moderator job
I guess, nor am I sure you can even set up moderation with the mailman
mailing list manager.

BTW, it's driving me nuts too, but I'm out of filtering ideas...

  Lars J