Re: build question

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: build question
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 16:06:12 -0700

I take back this previous email.  Even with my patch below, I'm still
getting failures when trying to repeat my work:

$ cd ~/automake
$ perllibdir=./lib ./automake --libdir=lib --gnu
Makefile.am:34: bad macro name `--regex'

So my previous patch did not solve the file read problem, and it hurt
the file write problem as well (Makefile.in was being generated with
some lines having \r\r\n, and perl's chomp only removes one of the two
\r).

I think what happened on my previous email is that I noticed that
configure had modified Makefile.in and various other files, inserting
\r's, so I had reverted those back to the CVS state before running `make
install'.  I am at a loss of good ideas to get rid of all those \r's,
short of mounting my cygwin directory in binmode before doing the CVS
update, or inserting some sort of hack like s/\r//g everywhere that
automake tries to read a line from a file.

--
This signature intentionally left boring.

Eric Blake             address@hidden
  BYU student, free software programmer