how to override variables?

From: Alex Hornby
Subject: how to override variables?
Date: 15 Feb 2002 17:29:08 +0000

Hi,

I'm trying to update some old Makefile.am's to the CVS automake. Its
going well except I can't see a way to override a variable value, as I
get:

config/sqlstatic.am:20: sqldemoperl_DATA multiply defined in condition
TRUE
  sqldemoperl_DATA (User, where = config/sqlstatic.am:20) =
  {
    TRUE => $(SQLDEMO:%=%.pm)
  }

I'm using this for a variety of things, and just want the one in the
last textual order to stick.

Is there an option to turn off this warning? If not would a patch be
considered to add such an option?

TIA,
Alex.