Re: How to create special config directories?

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: How to create special config directories?
Date: 17 Feb 2002 18:51:40 -0700

>>>>> "Sandip" ==   <address@hidden> writes:

Sandip> What I am curious is why do I have to always specify
Sandip> directories relative to the default ones
Sandip> available?(e.g. prefix,sysconfdir,libdir, etc.) . What if I
Sandip> wanted to add a new one to the default list? e.g. if I want an
Sandip> "optdir" to be calculated relative to the buildroot, and
Sandip> whilemaking a dist it is by default set to $builddir/opt and
Sandip> during "make install" is set to /opt ?

Autoconf doesn't provide a way to extend the list of directories.  And
you need to let the user specify all the base directories, as you
found out.

Whether we want to have Autoconf let you extend the list of directory
options is up for debate.  Akim thinks yes.  I think there are
probably too many such options already.

Tom