Re: Release 1.6

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: Release 1.6
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 16:03:22 +0100

>>> "Tom" == Tom Tromey <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 Tom> PR 294 is a regression, but maybe not an important one.

I think it's important to fix this one before 1.6, because IMO
this is the kind of change that should not be allowed in the
1.6.x branch (since it could break Makefiles relying on this
misfeature).

Fortunately it seems it can be fixed easily (by listing all
standard directories in the relevant sub).  I'll try to do that.

 Tom> And maybe looking at the patch in PR 297 would be good.

Applied.

 Tom> What do you think?

The sooner 1.6 can replace 1.5, the better.  I can't see any
important bug left over (expect for PR/294)

 Tom> I'm in favor of a release and I've been hoping to find the time to do
 Tom> one.  For me that doesn't look likely in the near future :-(

Come on... don't let Automake 1.6 be beaten by Autoconf 2.53!

--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz