Re: RFC: ./configure or ./config.status --clean

From: Peter Eisentraut
Subject: Re: RFC: ./configure or ./config.status --clean
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 20:09:41 -0500 (EST)

Akim Demaille writes:

> And, as far as Automake goes, I don't think I'm making things worse to
> its non-users.  Nothing changes for them.

Possibly true, but try to keep a clean separation between Autoconf and
Automake.  Autoconf shouldn't have to know about removing files and such
things.  Just provide a list of files that you generate and then the
makefile author/generator can decide what to do with it.

After all, the problem really only affects a few temp files potentially
left over from configure or config.status.  All other files are already
accounted for.  Don't try to change everything.

--
Peter Eisentraut   address@hidden