Re: Re: Re: automake dependencies, missing *.Plo files

From: joachim.j.gloger
Subject: Re: Re: Re: automake dependencies, missing *.Plo files
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 14:04:55 +0200

> > >  > we just upgrading to
> > >
> > >  > automake 1.6        (from 1.4)
> > >  > autoconf 2.53       (from 2.13)
> > >  > libtool 1.4.2       (from 1.3.5)
>
> Excuse me for asking the obvious, but have you configured & installed all
> three under the same prefix (e.g., ./configure --prefix=/usr)?

We are using Suse 7.2. First I removed all corresponding rpm packages
(automake, autoconf and libtool) to make sure that everything is up-to-date
after the new installation.

I fetched the tar.gz source packages of the three tools from gnu.org. Then I
run ./configure for every package without any option. The 'make install'
command installed the whole stuff in /usr/local/... which is the default (as
far as I know).

That's all.

Regards
Joachim

J. M. Gloger, DaimlerChrysler AG, Research Center Ulm
P.O. Box 2360, 89013 Ulm, Germany

Phone: +49 731 505 2353
Fax:   +49 731 505 4113
Email: address@hidden