Seeking simple example for "shallow" tree

From: Ian Pilcher
Subject: Seeking simple example for "shallow" tree
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:28:46 -0500

I am trying to set up a simple project for automake/autoconf.  I have a
single source file, main.c, in the top-level directory; all the other
source files are in subdirectories.

Can anyone point me to a simple example/template for my Makefile.am(s)?

I've tried simply listing all the source files in a single Makefile.am,
but this doesn't work; the object files end up in the top-level
directory, but make looks for them in the subdirectories.

Sorry if this is a FAQ.  I looked through a few months worth of this
mailing list, but I couldn't find a way to search it.

Thanks!
Ian Pilcher                                           address@hidden