Re: Seeking simple example for "shallow" tree

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Seeking simple example for "shallow" tree
Date: 13 Apr 2002 13:31:12 -0600

Ian> Here is the simplest example I can come up with.

Thanks.  I made this into a test case and it worked fine with 1.6.1.

>> Also, what version of automake are you using?

Ian> automake-1.4p5-2 on Red Hat 7.2.

This is the problem.  This sort of thing didn't work well, or
sometimes at all, in the 1.4 series.  Better support for files in
subdirectories is one of the major improvements in 1.5/1.6.

We don't plan any more releases in the 1.4 series.  I suggest
upgrading, though I can sympathize if you don't want to.

Tom