Re: can't get away from automake on remote machine

From: Skip Montanaro
Subject: Re: can't get away from automake on remote machine
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:04:23 -0500

    >> Third,  after executing configure, cvs up reports several
    >> unknown files:
    >>
    >> ? config.log
    >> ? Makefile
    >> ? config.status
    >> ? config.h
    >> ? libtool
    >> ? stamp-h1
    >> ? python/Makefile
    >> ? src/Makefile
    >> ? src/.deps
    >> ? test/Makefile
    >> ? test/.deps
    >>
    >> None of them should be checked into CVS, should they?

    Ralph> No, use .cvsignore files in the relevant directories, which are
    Ralph> checked in to CVS, to stop these appearing.

Thanks, but that wasn't quite what I was asking.  I was concerned that one
or more of those unknown files actually should have been checked into CVS to
cure the problems I was having.  Alexandre's response about file timestamps
cleared up the problem (at least in my head - I still need to implement
something).

--
Skip Montanaro (address@hidden - http://www.mojam.com/)