Re: big lie: WARNING: automake is missing...

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: big lie: WARNING: automake is missing...
Date: 11 May 2002 17:07:07 -0600

>>>>> "Harlan" == Harlan Stenn <address@hidden> writes:

Harlan> So I have two projects that exhibit the behavior where I have
Harlan> the auto* tools installed and when I update, say, Makefile.am
Harlan> and re-run a make, I get the WARNING: `automake' is missing on
Harlan> your system... message.

Harlan> This is, of course, not true.  automake is there, in the path.
Harlan> Any ideas on what is going on and how to fix it?

This happens because `missing' is a bit dumb.  It prints this message
even if automake exists but exits with an error.

Cleaning up missing has been on my to-do list for a long, long time.
I'm apparently reluctant to look at it :-(

Anyway, could you submit a PR?  That is the best way right now to make
sure that a bug doesn't get dropped.

Tom