Re: autom4te.cache?

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: autom4te.cache?
Date: 11 May 2002 17:19:16 -0600

>>>>> "Skip" == Skip Montanaro <address@hidden> writes:

Skip> After executing "make distclean" a directory named
Skip> autom4te.cache is left over.  It appears it's created by
Skip> autoconf 2.53.  Whose job is it to see it gets deleted?
Skip> Shouldn't generated distclean target take care of this
Skip> automatically?

It looks like autoconf now has "config.status --clean".
So I guess we can use that.  However, that means we can't release a
new automake until there is an autoconf release supporting that
feature.

Meanwhile I suggest we just `rm -rf autom4te.cache' for 1.6.2.
I'll write a patch.

Tom