Re: spam

From: Skip Montanaro
Subject: Re: spam
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 16:29:45 -0500

    proski> Install a spam filter.  I use SpamAssassin.  You can download it
    proski> from http://spamassassin.org/

    christoph> Not everybody has the possibility to install a filter (i am
    christoph> not the system administrator)

I use SA.  With its default settings many of the recent spams slipped under
its radar.

    proski> Please keep in mind that Automake developers don't have access
    proski> to the mailing list administration.  They use what they have.
    proski> GNU cannot hire a full-time mailing list administrator.  People
    proski> in this list are software developers, not sysadmins, so it's not
    proski> their guilt that the list is under spam attack.

    christoph> IMO it would help a lot, if only people were allowed to send
    christoph> messages to address@hidden, who subscribed to the list. No
    christoph> full time administrator is needed, in fact it would be easy
    christoph> to implement.

After the flood I sent a note to the appropriate parties as was recommended,
but received no response.  Does anyone know if the list parameters were
changed?

--
Skip Montanaro (address@hidden - http://www.mojam.com/)
"Excellant Written and Communications Skills required" - seen on chi.jobs