Automake with Subdirs

From: Frederico Faria
Subject: Automake with Subdirs
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 09:38:38 -0700

I try to use the configure script and automake on my project. I have a
source directory:

    server
    server/src

I'd like to generate the Makefiles in server and server/src.

But i've got a problem; configure creates an empty server/src/Makefile.
Below is the stdout of configure command.
See the message "sed: can't read ../src/Makefile.in: No such file or
directory"

In  dir  "server/src" I have  only the file Makefile.am.

How can I resolve that ?

Thank you,

Faria

checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for c++... (cached) c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) works... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C++... (cached) yes
checking whether c++ accepts -g... (cached) yes
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating src/Makefile
sed: can't read ../src/Makefile.in: No such file or directory
creating config.h
config.h is unchanged