Re: compiler change

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: compiler change
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 09:09:11 +0200

[...]

 David> One of my subdirectories will be using the mpiCC
 David> compiler, but the rest of the subdirectories will be
 David> using gcc. How do I acheive this using Automake?

 >> You can override the CC or COMPILE variables in this
 >> Makefile.am.

(Actually, you'll probably have to fiddle with CCDEPMODE too,
for the dependency tracking to work -- good luck!)

[...]

 David> I have an additional question with respect to using different
 David> compilers for different codes.

 David> I can override the compiler choice (and compiler flags) in a given
 David> Makefile.am using

 David> CXX = mpicc
 David> AM_CXXFLAGS = -O5 -Wall

 David> If I do this then it applies to all codes which the
 David> Makefile.am compiles.

 David> Is there a way of doing this on a code-by-code basis?

No easy.  What you can do is to supply the build rules yourself.

 David> I have tried

 David> code_CXX
 David> code_CXXFLAGS = -O5 -Wall

 David> for a particular code, but it doesn't seem to work.

 David> What am I doing wrong?

Nothing.  code_CXX is not supported.
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz