Re: Problem with man page installation

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Problem with man page installation
Date: 09 Jul 2002 12:05:06 -0600

>> Help2man support would be most pleasant too.  I know, I know... ;)

Bruce> and rpcgen (IDL compilers), and even autogen, too :-).
Bruce> How next-to-impossible is it to parameterize
Bruce>   mumble_STUMBLE = ...
Bruce> into rule generation code.

Making an incremental improvement is easy because you already know
what it will look like.  So generating man pages from POD, or Texinfo
(via the scripts in gcc), or whatever else is pretty straightforward.
You just write the code.

Adding a new more generic thing is hard since first you need to know
what you want.  In the abstract, though, I agree: it would be nice to
give more power to the users.

Tom