Re: building native tools in a cross-compile environment

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: building native tools in a cross-compile environment
Date: 09 Jul 2002 18:16:27 -0600

>>>>> "Harlan" == Harlan Stenn <address@hidden> writes:

Harlan> So how do I tell automake that for some PROGRAMS it should use
Harlan> host-cc instead of build-cc?

You can set the _LINK variable to use the appropriate compiler.

I think we'd need some autoconf support to make this really work.  For
instance you'd probably want to be able to run tests on both
compilers, generate two different config.h's, etc.

Once that's done I envision us doing something like:

    bin_PROGRAMS = maude
    maude_CC = $(CC_FOR_TARGET)

Tom