Re: perl path patch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: perl path patch
Date: 10 Jul 2002 14:16:11 -0600

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Pruett <address@hidden> writes:

>> Why do you want this?

Michael> Some users have multiple copies of Perl installed on their
Michael> systems (e.g. in /usr/bin/perl and /usr/local/bin/perl).  It
Michael> is onerous to require the user to have Perl at the same
Michael> location as that with which automake was built.

Can't the user on the second system just configure and build his own
automake?  That's the standard approach.  In fact, that's the whole
point of having configure: to detect differences between systems.

I'm inclined not to check this patch in, given that this hasn't been a
problem before (at least, I don't remember it ever coming up).

Tom