Re: turn off putting flex/bison output in distfile?

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: turn off putting flex/bison output in distfile?
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 07:46:39 -0400 (EDT)

On 25 Jul 2002, Akim Demaille wrote:

> Thomas> byacc is portable, and has the advantage (in contrast to
> Thomas> bison) of being written in ANSI C.
>
> ... which is written in?

bison relies on alloca, which is not standard. There are a few compilers
which implement it, but the presence of nonstandard code in bison is one
reason why I do not install it except for the _Very_ rare combination of
a useful program which actually requires the features in bison.

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net