Re: myconfig.h in dist

From: Waldemar Rosenbach
Subject: Re: myconfig.h in dist
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 13:28:22 +0200

Tom Tromey wrote:

"Waldemar" == Waldemar Rosenbach <address@hidden> writes:

Waldemar> I have myconfig.h that is generated from myconfig.h.in by
Waldemar> configure.

Ok.

Waldemar> the file myconfig.h is included in the distribution. Why?

I supposed it is included just because it is a config header.

We don't know, since you haven't provided enough information.

myconfig.h is generated from myconfig.h.in because it is listed in the AM_CONFIG_HEADER macro.

myconfig.h should be installed if I call make install, but should not be included into the distribution if I call make dist.

If I include it into include_HEADERS or _SOURCES, then it is installed and distributed. If I don't include it in any of the both, then it is neither installed nor distributed.