Re: [BUG] nasm files are not processed in automake generated Makefiles

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: [BUG] nasm files are not processed in automake generated Makefiles
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 08:55:20 +1000

Edouard Gomez <address@hidden> writes:

> As libtool does not support nasm natively, i had to use a tip from the
> the libsdl  library automake  files. But like  libsdl (you can  read a
> mail from  Arkadiusz Miskiewicz <address@hidden>, 20  Oct 2001) the
> nasm files are not processed.

I don't think it works to put .asm files in SOURCES.  Or rather they
get distributed, but not recognised as turning into objects.  I think
you can list the .lo files in LIBADD and DEPENDENCIES explicitly,

        EXTRA_DIST = bar.asm
        libfoo_la_DEPENDENCIES = bar.lo
        libfoo_la_LIBADD = $(libfoo_la_DEPENDENCIES)