Re: conditional subdir handling

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: conditional subdir handling
Date: 27 Aug 2002 14:43:51 -0400

Alexandre Duret-Lutz <address@hidden> writes:

   Amusingly this topic was discussed here last week, and we updated the
   manual while we were at it.  Here is the resulting section of the
   manual (this text will go into Automake 1.7, but it applies to 1.6.x
   as well).  Fell free to suggest improvements!

thanks for the quick reply!  i now see that the discussion happened in
automake-patches, so i'll remember to expand my search to include that
list, next time.  the docs are very good; only suggestion would be to
add a "see below" to this paragraph:

      As you can't see, running `make dist' will recurse into both
   `src/' and `opt/' directories because `make dist', unlike `make all',
   doesn't use the `SUBDIRS' variable.  It uses the `DIST_SUBDIRS'
   variable.

alternatively, you could move the various DIST_SUBDIRS snippets to node
"Dist" and use xrefs.

thi