Including header files in shared libraries

From: Xabier Rodriguez Calvar
Subject: Including header files in shared libraries
Date: 28 Aug 2002 14:02:35 +0200

        I'm learning to use automake and autoconf and I want to build a shared
shared library. My problem is that I don't know how to tell automake to
have to include the hearders file of my library in order to be installed
in the correct hearders directory.

bin_PROGRAMS = hello
hello_SOURCES = hello.c
hello_LDADD = libhello-utils.la

lib_LTLIBRARIES = libhello-utils.la
libhello_utils_la_SOURCES = hello-utils.c

include_HEADERS = hello-utils.h

        Doing this hello-utils.h is included as a headers file that belongs to
hello project, but I want it to be included as libhello-util.

        Thank you for yor help.