Re: Automake 1.6d available (beta for Automake 1.7)

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Automake 1.6d available (beta for Automake 1.7)
Date: 24 Sep 2002 13:38:36 +0200

| Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote:
| >  Bruce> My preference would be this:
| >
| > Could you send this to the list?
|
| Alright:
|
| I would really like to see the auto* tools packages (autoconf,
| automake and libtool) each adopt several of their worst
| clients' packages for regression testing.

It's already the case, as you just proved.

I appreciate very much your suggestions, but I have another: run the
betas.  Once there will be enough people running the betas, there will
probably be less bugs released.  As of today, I run CVS Autoconf
etc. on a large set of packages, including the very demanding
Coreutils.  Plus I send announcements for betas.  After this, I feel
in peace with myself when I release.