Re: Should ylwap get installed by autoreconf -i?

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Should ylwap get installed by autoreconf -i?
Date: 24 Sep 2002 18:12:56 -0600

>>>>> "Harlan" == Harlan Stenn <address@hidden> writes:

Docs>>  The `ylwrap' program is distributed with Automake.  It should appear in
Docs>>  the directory specified by `AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR' (*note Finding
Docs>>  `configure' Input: (autoconf)Input.), or the current directory if that
Docs>>  macro is not used in `configure.in'.

Harlan> What does "should" mean in that sentence?

It means that automake expects to find the file there.
However, automake also should know to copy the file there.

Harlan> I'm asking because we have discovered that (since
Harlan> automake/1.5, at least) ylwrap is not being installed by
Harlan> either "automake --add-missing" or "autoreconf --install".

Does this still happen with 1.6 and the current 1.7 prerelease?
I remember some fixes in this area between 1.5 and now.
In any case, failure to install this file is a bug.

Tom