Re: Automake 1.7 released

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: Automake 1.7 released
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:12:47 +0200

>>> "Eric" == Eric Dorland <address@hidden> writes:

 Eric> Is this version backwards compatible with 1.6? Or will it break on
 Eric> some Makefile.am's that worked with automake 1.6?

The day we receive such a bug report we can answer this
question.  Otherwise we will never know...

 Eric> Just wanting to know if i'll need to make an automake1.7
 Eric> package in debian.

Since both versions can be installed alongside I suggest you keep
both packages until the dust settle down.

(I haven't followed Debian's lists recently.  What's up with the
plan of changing all packages to depend on an explicit automake
version, so that `automake' can become the latest release?)

--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz