Repost: Newbie Questions

From: miki . shapiro
Subject: Repost: Newbie Questions
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:24:11 +0200

Repost on one of the questions I formerly asked (and did not find the
answer to in the [wonderful] book [that I have spent the last 2 days
reading cover-to-cover :-)] @
http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/autobook/autobook_toc.html#SEC_Contents

Here's the repost:

3. I get a Makefile, run make and get:

== start snippet ========================
10:23|[Natasha] mikisu:~/testdir#make
make  all-am
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mikis/testdir'
if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.     -g -O2 -MT hello.o -MD -MP -MF
".deps/hello.Tpo" \
  -c -o hello.o `test -f 'hello.c' || echo './'`hello.c; \
then mv ".deps/hello.Tpo" ".deps/hello.Po"; \
else rm -f ".deps/hello.Tpo"; exit 1; \
fi
gcc  -g -O2   -o hello  hello.o
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mikis/testdir'
== end snippet =========================

What's with the

"if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.     -g -O2 -MT hello.o -MD -MP -MF
".deps/hello.Tpo" \
  -c -o hello.o `test -f 'hello.c' || echo './'`hello.c; \
then mv ".deps/hello.Tpo" ".deps/hello.Po"; \
else rm -f ".deps/hello.Tpo"; exit 1; \
fi"

section? Do I want it soiling our dev team's screens?(probbably not...)
Therefore, how do I build my configure (and thereby makefile) so
make program don't show it?

Thanks!

--
Miki Shapiro <address@hidden>
Coder - Unixophile - Boarder - Quake God

The content of this email and any attachments are confidential and intended

for the named recipient(s) only.

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender
immediately.
Do not disclose the content of this message or make copies.

This email was scanned by eSafe Mail for viruses, vandals  and other
malicious content.