Re: Uninitialized value in string ...

From: Martin Frydl
Subject: Re: Uninitialized value in string ...
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 19:41:28 +0100

Hello Izabella,

this problem is probably caused by too many files in AC_OUTPUT. Does it print also

 /usr/bin/m4: Error matching regular expression `^ *\(.*\) *$'

It was reported by Dave Benson and me. I've created Autoconf patch which should fix it.

  Martin

http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/automake/2002-November/012239.html
http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/automake/2002-November/012234.html

Szekely Izabella wrote:
Hello!

I use automake 1.7.1, on Read Hat Linux 7.3.
When I run automake, I get I have following error
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/bin/automake line 5149,
<GEN0> line 2.
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/bin/automake line 5149,
<GEN0> line 5.
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/bin/automake line 5149,
<GEN0> line 7.
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/bin/automake line 5149,
<GEN0> line 10.
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/bin/automake line 5149,
<GEN0> line 13.
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/bin/automake line 5149,
<GEN0> line 16.
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/bin/automake line 5149,
<GEN0> line 19.
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/bin/automake line 5149,
<GEN0> line 518.
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/bin/automake line 5149,
<GEN0> line 521.

Does anyone know what the below messages are all about?  Line 5149 is
like this:

while ($_ = $tracefh->getline)
    {
      chomp;