Re: how to use multiple automake's at the same time?

From: Lukas Österreicher
Subject: Re: how to use multiple automake's at the same time?
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 11:02:22 +0100

Thanx for your help.

I'm unclear though still on how to use it. I've never created automake scripts
myself, just downloaded sources which use them. I dont even really know which
packages there are and how they work together. (Surely i guess i should RTFM,
but i don't know where to find the right thing that explains all, so i'm open
if i'm told
what to read.).

As I understood I have to install autotools-0.4.0-3sfnet.i586.rpm
and one of the other rpms which contain (do they?) all the auto* packages
in two versions. On Redhat 7.2 autoconf 2.13 and automake 1.4p5-2 (what
version is this effectively?) is installed so i guess to have also automake
1.5* (which to use?) installed i deinstall autoconf and automake which are
installed and install your pachage - i guess
autotools-for-ac.2.13.lt.1.4.2.am.1.5-2sfnet.i586.rpm?

What I before tried is to upgrade from 1.4 to 1.5 and there were many unresolved
conflicts - and surely there are conflicts too when installing them at the same
time.
How were they solved in your packages?

Thanx in Advance,
Lukas