automake/380: User produced dependency files - possible to use them?

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: automake/380: User produced dependency files - possible to use them?
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:06:30 +0100

>>> "Alex" == Alex Hornby <address@hidden> writes:

 Alex> Hi,
 Alex> As part of my project I have some suffix rules to produce built sources
 Alex> from which I can produce automatic dependency information.

 Alex> My question is - is it possible to get automake to take these user
 Alex> defined auto dependencies into consideration?

No.  This sounds like something Automake ought to support --
I've submitted a PR for this.

Right now I believe you have to do yourself what Automake does:
 * fill Makefile.am with a series of
   @AMDEP_TRUE@@am__include@ @address@hidden/$(DEPDIR)/address@hidden@
 * create empty dependency files from config.status

[...]

--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz