Re: Change in dejagnu generated rules?

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: Change in dejagnu generated rules?
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 21:59:17 +0100

>>> "Phil" == Phil Edwards <address@hidden> writes:

 Phil> When AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS contains dejagnu, one of the generated rules is

 Phil> check-am:
 Phil> $(MAKE) $(AM_MAKEFLAGS) check-DEJAGNU

 Phil> I could have sworn that at some time in the not-too-distant past, the -k
 Phil> flag would also be automatically passed to the sub-make,

 Phil> $(MAKE) -k $(AM_MAKEFLAGS) check-DEJAGNU

 Phil> due to dejagnu's annoyung habit regarding exit codes.

 Phil> Am I smoking something?  Did this change recently?

Looking at Automake 1.4's code, it seems it would not output -k
either.  I don't think it should.  Some make implementation will
always terminate with exit code 0 when `-k' is used, hiding any
failure.
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz