help needed "make check"

From: Harald Mitterhofer
Subject: help needed "make check"
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 15:08:07 +0100

hi!

"make check" runs all tests listed in TESTS;
this is OK, but a performance problem in my case:
I have a lot of test-programs (~180 listet in check_PROGRAMS & TESTS), some of them running for a considerable amount of time;

when I change test-progs or some corresponding, tested source-files, only some of the check_PROGRAMS are rebuild on "make check", which is what I expect; nevertheless ALL TESTS (also those, not rebuilt) are executed, which is a runtime-problem and slows down my "test first" development strategy; I only want to run rebuilt tests;

I searched for another make-target than "check" in the generated Makefile, but could not find any;
I have no idea how to define one myself;

thanks for any hint;
harald