Re: Automake 1.7.2b uploaded (beta for 1.7.3)

From: Robert Boehne
Subject: Re: Automake 1.7.2b uploaded (beta for 1.7.3)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:28:42 -0600

Hello,

I have a problem with the beta, after bootstrapping a
fresh checkout of Libtool with Autoconf 2.57 and Automake
1.7.2b, I get a make distcheck error.  Apparently the
distcheck fails because files are left over in the
insallation directory after "make uninstall" is run.
Below are the offending files
 ${infodir}/dir
 ${prefix}/share/libtool:
install-sh  missing  mkinstalldirs

Is this a bug or misuse?

Robert Boehne

ERROR: files left after uninstall:
./share/libtool/install-sh
./share/libtool/missing
./share/libtool/mkinstalldirs
./info/dir
make[1]: *** [distuninstallcheck] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/net/libtool/libtool-1.4e/_build'
make: *** [distcheck] Error 2
address@hidden libtool]$ ls -R /net/libtool/libtool-1.4e/_inst
/net/libtool/libtool-1.4e/_inst:
bin  include  info  lib  share

/net/libtool/libtool-1.4e/_inst/bin:

/net/libtool/libtool-1.4e/_inst/include:

/net/libtool/libtool-1.4e/_inst/info:
dir

/net/libtool/libtool-1.4e/_inst/lib:

/net/libtool/libtool-1.4e/_inst/share:
aclocal  libtool

/net/libtool/libtool-1.4e/_inst/share/aclocal:

/net/libtool/libtool-1.4e/_inst/share/libtool: