yacc/lex dependency order

From: mcmahill
Subject: yacc/lex dependency order
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 08:27:13 -0500 (EST)

I have a program that uses lex and yacc and I'm trying to make it work
completely with automake.  The problem I'm having is that the lex source
includes a header generated by yacc but the automake generated makefile
doesn't capture that dependency.  The result is that the build tries to
run lex and compile its output before running yacc which causes a failure.

My automake setup has:

foo_SOURCES= foo.c \
        parse_l.h \
        parse_l.l \
        parse_y.h \
        parse_y.y

AM_YFLAGS=      -d

parse_l.l, parse_l.h, and parse_y.y are the sources and parse_y.h is
generated by yacc.

Is there something else I'm missing to make this work right for me?

Thanks
-Dan