Re: Add support for generating HTML docs a` la PDF, etc.

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: Add support for generating HTML docs a` la PDF, etc.
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:44:14 -0500

Hi Alexandre,

    I'm cc:ing you often these days.

It's nice to be included :).

    The discussion is about introducing a `make html' target to Automake.

Good.

    AFAICT `makeinfo --html --no-split' creates file named `mumble.html',
    while `makeinfo --html' creates a directory named `mumble.html/'.

Correct (well, it depends on the @setfilename too, but you know that).

    So it seems we could handle both cases with `rm -rf mumble.html'.

I concur.

    For instance using a $(MAKEINFO_html) variable as the command,
    something similar for the options.

I agree again, that variable overriding is better than an automake
option for this need.

Guess you didn't need me after all :).

Thanks,
karl