Re: automake and using an unsupported compiler

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: automake and using an unsupported compiler
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 20:13:30 +0100

>>> "Michael" == Michael Obster <address@hidden> writes:

 Michael> Hi,
 Michael> i have a little problem with autoconf/automake.

 Michael> i want to compile a program with the command:
 Michael> fdpl -g -o program -main ownmain.c program.fdpl

 Michael> ownmain.c is a normal c file.
 Michael> program.fdpl is fdpl language

 Michael> how can i get this compiled with automake. bin_PROGRAMS or s.th. like
 Michael> that did not work for me, because program is completely linked by the
 Michael> fdpl compiler himself.
 Michael> a target definition .fdpl.o: gives me only objectnames and not the
 Michael> wanted output name.

How about writing your own build rule?  Something like this

bin_PROGRAMS = program
program_SOURCES =                   # empty
EXTRA_DIST = ownmain.c program.fdpl
program$(EXEEXT): ownmain.c program.fdpl
        fdpl -g -o $@ -main ownmain.c program.fdpl

--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz