Re: make distcheck arguments

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: make distcheck arguments
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 20:36:30 +0100

[mfu2: address@hidden

>>> "Glenn" == Glenn McGrath <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 Glenn> I do compile it --with-gcrypt without any problems, however when i do
 Glenn> 'make distcheck' it is being compiled against openssl.

 Glenn> The _build/config.log from the distcheck says that configure didnt use
 Glenn> the arguments i supplied to do the make distcheck, it did ../configure
 Glenn> --srcdir=.. --prefix=<snip path>

 Glenn> Is this expected behaviour ?

Yes.

 Glenn> I would have thought it would make sense to parse the specified
 Glenn> configure parameters to distcheck (except for path's)

Unfortunately Automake cannot know which options should be
passed down or not.  The directory options are not the sole
options we don't want.  Either way (passing down options or not)
is unsatisfactory, but at least it's easier for people running
`make distcheck' to pass additional options than it would be to
*suppress* unwanted options.

 Glenn> I see there is an automake macro,
 Glenn> DISTCHECK_CONFIGURE_FLAGS, should i be trying to use
 Glenn> this macro to parse either --with-gcrypt or
 Glenn> --with-crypto to distcheck, or is that not its intended
 Glenn> purpose ?

Yep, that's the way it is documented :)

--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz