Re: Conditional modules and libraries.

From: Bill Moseley
Subject: Re: Conditional modules and libraries.
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:12:41 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote:

>  Bill> But then when it builds the $(LIBXML2_OBJS) the flags are
>  Bill> missing - which is the only time I really need them! ;).
>
> LIBXML2_OBJS should be set to libswishindex_la-parser.lo, not parser.lo.
> parser.lo is compiled with the default flags; libswishindex_la-parser.lo is
> compiled with libswishindex.la's flags.

Oh.  I would not have guessed that.

So now in configure.in I'm using:

   LIBXML2_OBJS="libswishindex_la-parser.lo"

That's kind of ugly.

Since "parser" is listed in libswishindex_la_LIBADD I would have thought
libswishindex_la_CPPFLAGS would apply.

Doesn't make configure.in very clean, either.  Would be better if
configure didn't have to know that libtool was in use when defining
LIBXML2_OBJS.  Perhaps it will make more sense to me as I learn more about
automake and libtool.

Thanks very much for your time.

--
Bill Moseley address@hidden