Re: example of DEJATOOL being a list of names

From: Richard Dawe
Subject: Re: example of DEJATOOL being a list of names
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 11:33:00 +0100

Hello.

Jonah Graham wrote:
> Sorry, I should have been more clear about my question. You are correct the
> generated site.exp has illegal TCL in it. I believe I am following the
> instructions in the automake manual properly for setting DEJATOOL to a list
> of names. But of course something else must be missing from either my
> settings in makefile.am or automake itself (or my configure.ac?).

Maybe I'm too much of a newbie to automake too, but I don't think so. I just
read the manual and it looks like you are doing the right thing.

Looking at the Makefile generated, it seems like the check-DEJAGNU target will
cope with $(DEJAGNU) containing multiple tools, but the site.exp target does
not. I wonder if this is a bug in lib/am/dejagnu.am from the automake sources.

How is the tool variable from site.exp used in DejaGNU? Does the --tool switch
to DejaGNU override the setting of tool in site.exp? If --tool sets tool, then
why do we set in site.exp?

I may download DejaGNU later and check it out.

> For reference, this is my entire makefile.am:
> AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS = dejagnu
>
> bin_PROGRAMS = proga progb
> proga_SOURCES = proga_main.c common.c
> progb_SOURCES = progb_main.c common.c
>
> DEJATOOL = proga progb
>
> RUNTESTDEFAULTFLAGS = --tool $$tool  --srcdir $$srcdir/testsuite
>
> And my configure.ac:
> dnl Process this file with autoconf to produce a configure script.
> AC_INIT(myproject, 1.0)
> AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(myproject, 1.0)
> AC_PROG_CC
> AC_OUTPUT(Makefile)