Re: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL in automake 1.7.3

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL in automake 1.7.3
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 21:06:17 +0200

>>> "Lorenzo" == Lorenzo Bettini <address@hidden> writes:

[...]
 >>> configure.in:11: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
[...]
 Lorenzo> yes I ran aclocal first, but with the version provided
 Lorenzo> by automake 1.7.2 it does not generate a anything for
 Lorenzo> AC_PROG_LIBTOOL and autoconf complains...

I suspect you have installed Automake and Libtool with different
a $prefix.  For instance maybe you had Libtool installed, and
when you upgraded to Automake 1.7.3, you installed it in
/usr/local.  Or something similar.

The `Macro search path' node of the manual explains where macros
are searched, and how you can use a `dirlist' file to deal with
situations where tools are intalled in different prefixes.
Type

  info '(automake)Macro search path'

--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz