Re: example of DEJATOOL being a list of names

From: Richard Dawe
Subject: Re: example of DEJATOOL being a list of names
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 23:51:32 +0100

Hello.

Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote:

>  Jonah> Richard Dawe wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>  Rich> How is the tool variable from site.exp used in DejaGNU? Does
>  Rich> the --tool switch to DejaGNU override the setting of tool in
>  Rich> site.exp? If --tool sets tool, then why do we set in
>  Rich> site.exp?
>
>  Jonah> I am working my way through the dejagnu stuff now to try
>  Jonah> and get a better idea. In the meantime I did just remove
>  Jonah> that line from the site.exp and everything else seems to
>  Jonah> work correctly (ie it tests my two tools).
>
> Do we have a definite answer on this?  I'm willing to fix this
> but I don't know dejagnu and don't have time to learn it.
> Quoting the tool's value seems the most conservative approach.

I don't know dejagnu either. I had a quick look at it, but I concluded that we
should probably ask the dejagnu people. I pinged Jonah, to see whether he had
done this, but received no reply. Jonah, have you asked the dejagnu people for
advice?

> (BTW nobody ever wrote a test case exercising dejagnu in the
> Automake test suite.  Hence releases are always done with
> untested dejagnu support.  This sucks.  Any taker?)

I can write a fix and a test or two, once I have a better idea of what's going
on.

Bye, Rich =]

--
Richard Dawe [ http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/ ]