Re: Objective C on Mac OS X

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: Objective C on Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:50:36 +0200

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 09:49:56AM +0200, Martin Wagner wrote:

> all,
>
> i am currently porting some autotoolized c++ code to mac os x, it all works
> fine. however, when i try to integrate some objective c code, i get a bunch
> of errors i don't understand.
>
> i did set OBJC=gcc, OBJCFLAGS='-O2 -g' and OBJCLDFLAGS='-lobjc' in my
> configure.ac.
>
> when i now try to call automake, it complains:
>
> /sw//share/automake-1.7/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepOBJC does not appear in
> AM_CONDITIONAL

Try the following in your configure.ac.

_AM_DEPENDENCIES([OBJC])

As the name says this is an internal function you should not use, but
(i) as long as neither Autoconf nor Automake offer an A[CM]_PROG_OBJC
check you'll have to call it yourself (ii) Automake's support for
Objective C isn't documented either.