Environment Configuration for Test Execution

From: Drummonds, Scott B
Subject: Environment Configuration for Test Execution
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:17:01 -0700

Hello, everyone,

I'm adding some tests using the 'check' target for my
autotools-supported project.  The original build maintainer set up this
project to use wrapper scripts for each binary that set important
environment variables such as the dynamic library search path before
executing the binaries.  I will need this path for my test harnesses but
I would prefer not to have to create a similar wrapper script for my
test programs.

What is the preferred way to specify environment variables that should
be set before executing a test using Automake?

Thanks,
Scott