Re: How do a copy a file?

From: Eric Siegerman
Subject: Re: How do a copy a file?
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 20:13:51 -0400

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 12:09:07AM +0100, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
> [A script run from <project_root>/tests contains:]
>
> #! /bin/sh
> echo top_srcdir = $top_srcdir top_builddir= $top_builddir
> cp $top_srcdir/examples/25ohm-201h.bmp
> $top_builddir/tmp/25ohm-201h.bmp
>
> [During "make distcheck", The echo above prints:]
> top_srcdir = ../.. top_builddir= ..

That looks correct to me.  If I understand correctly, your
"tests" directory is at the first level within the project root.
distcheck puts its build directory there too, so the structure
during the distcheck run looks like this:
     0  PROJECT_ROOT/             # top_srcdir
     1          tests/            # srcdir
     1          PKGNAME-VERSION/  # top_buildir
     2                  tests/    # builddir (if that variable
                                  # were in fact defined)
(The numbers show depths, in case the indentation gets mangled in
transit, as your "cp" command seems to have been :-)

What's actually going wrong?

--

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        address@hidden
|  |  /
My Wine works.  However it crashes about half the time on startup.
Apparently their simulation of windoze API is getting too accurate.  :)
        - Kyle Sallee