Re: *Where* lots of _examples_ of Makefile.am/configure.ac'sforcomplex

From: Eric Siegerman
Subject: Re: *Where* lots of _examples_ of Makefile.am/configure.ac'sforcomplex trees of source code?
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 20:23:16 -0400

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 11:13:08PM +0100, Richard Dawe wrote:
> You don't need a configure.ac in every subdirectory. If your top-level
> configure.ac does all the checks you need, then that's enough.
>
> I think AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS is used when a package includes other packages that
> have their own configure scripts, e.g.: gdb, binutils, gcc.

Yup.  AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS is only for those occasions when you
*want* a subdirectory to contain its own configure.ac.  Even
then, you'll probably have other subdirectories that don't
contain their own, and thus aren't mentioned in AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS.

--

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        address@hidden
|  |  /
My Wine works.  However it crashes about half the time on startup.
Apparently their simulation of windoze API is getting too accurate.  :)
        - Kyle Sallee