Re: What *target* use for non-source files want to add to package like D

From: cs
Subject: Re: What *target* use for non-source files want to add to package like DATA?
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 09:43:26 -0700 (MST)

Bob

So if I have a $(srcdir)/data directory, then

$(srcdir)/data/Makefile.am will have *only* one

line like this?

EXTRA_DIST = foo1.data foo2.data foo3.data

I saw in New Riders Autotools book that they

mentioned a "primary" called DATA.  This seems

to imply I can also do $(srcdir)/data/Makefile.am

like this:

bin_DATA = foo1.data foo2.data foo3.data

This book says those files will be *installed*.

Perhaps that is the main difference between bin_DATA

and EXTRA_DIST???? Will EXTRA_DIST cause all that

junk to end up somewhere like /usr/local/bin/myprogram/data?

Thanks,

Chris